WHAT’S GOING ON?
An airborne virus has extended across the globe creating a pandemic, changing the way people perform their everyday tasks across the world. Social distancing measures have been introduced by the authorities as a way of slowing down the spread of the disease. However – beyond the obvious benefits of this action – there are certain drawbacks that make it only viable for a limited period of time, like its toll on mental health or its impact on the economy.
Additionally, we are seeing an increase in violent protests to stop social distancing measures, politicians criticizing the strategy’s effectiveness and even citizens refusing to follow them, putting a higher percentage of the population at greater risk.
Micrashell was born as a socially responsible solution to safely allow people to interact in close proximity. Specifically designed to satisfy the needs of nightlife, live events and entertainment industries, Micrashell is a virus-shielded, easy to control, fun to wear, disinfectable, fast to deploy personal protective equipment (PPE) that allows socializing without distancing.
Air-tight top suit + hybrid soft+hard helmet made of tactical, high performance cut resistant fabric and developed for durability, endurance and easy disinfecting procedures. Main materials based on UHMWPE fabrics and lightweight film composite, including sealed sewed patterns and ornaments as well as cordura inserts. This offshoot of a hazmat suit contains two lithium-ion cell battery systems for uninterrupted active operation and are easy charge and swap when discharged (18650 type batteries).
- Air filtration and breathing system based on worldwide standard regulations using N95 filters. (Fit-testing following OSHA guidelines)
- Adjustable ventilation system
- Seamless integration and suit control based on a smartphone app
- Connection provided to charge/recharge phones/devices for all day battery
- Wireless voice communication system based on physical proximity and orientation
- Privacy driven communication system based on user-defined rules for social interaction
- Everyone can speak to you
- Only certain groups of people (i.e. people in your contact list)
- Specific people you select based on social proximity
- Software system that allows you to control the audio levels of different sources individually (DJ, ambiance, friend_1, friend_2, … friend_n)
- Voice subsystem that allows you to modify how your voice is presented/streamed to other users in real time – similar to what AR filters could be for audio (i.e. vocoder, talkbox, octaver, pitch modulation, etc.)
- Internal (voice) and external (ambiance) microphones
SOUND SYSTEM & AUDIO PROCESSING
- Integrated, controllable internal speaker system that allows you to listen to live music in 3 modes:
- Directly streamed from the DJ/band (dry)
- As an emulation of the room’s sound based on psychoacoustics (wet)
- As a passthrough from the room thanks to the suit’s embedded microphone
- Contact bass speaker cones integrated in the back area to transmit low frequencies under 150hz by direct contact with the user’s body
BASIC NEEDS & SUIT HANDLING
- “Top only” suit design allows the user to wear their normal clothes, use the toilet and engage in intercourse without being exposed to respiratory risks
- Hand latch system to facilitate dressing and undressing the suit
FASHION ACCESSORIES & MODULAR SYSTEM ADD-ONS
- Accessible NFC pouch
- Strap system allowing the expandable garment to fit people of different sizes
- Quick attachment features across the pouch and suit allowing for add-ons, fashion customization (i.e. patches, velcro, magnets, hooks), and stash pockets.
- Supply system based on partially disposable canisters allows users to vape and/or drink safely from your suit. Drink can be alcoholic, non-alcoholic or a liquid meal replacement
- Snap system based on magnets and differentiated plug-in shape makes it easy to plug your canister in the proper slot
- Remaining amount of drink and vape monitored through canister embedded RGB light and smartphone app
- To help you party smart, this system removes the possibility of being roofied as the drink remains enclosed inside of a custom canister and not exposed to external agents once the user starts drinking
- This system allows for pre-made drinks so long lines at the bar could be mitigated or fully eliminated
- Supply nozzles are controlled from a smartphone app and have 4 modes each: clean, fully deployed, fully retracted and scratch mode (doubles as a stick to allow to reach different parts of the face)
User customized monitoring and emotion broadcast lighting system is comprised of several groups of screens and addressable RGBWA SMD LEDs to facilitate emotional connection and act as indicators of the user’s mood, needs, warnings, messages, desires and more. For example, a rainbow lighting chase effect across your suit can express joy, while a static red light could express “busy” or a green slowly intermittent shimmering light could express “idle” or “resting” state.
Pan + tilt camera system with RGB LED monitoring has three main functionalities:
- “Camera app” function as an added extra POV camera that connects with your phone to take snaps and videos
- Proactive computer vision safety recording based on AI analysis of external agents can be set up to record based on the system’s perceived level of threat or just “trigger word” that records remotely based on cloud platform
- “Chest eye” system that allows you to see in realtime things that your suit or helmet subsystems might be occluding